Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Posts.

vinc says:

after what seemed like many days and nights I have finally reached Kona. i think i would probably snap if I got onto another airplane after the admittedly rather short 30 minute flight on the Hawaiian airlines. the leg between narita and honolulu was the worst - kids with their familes; babies with their overly-concerned parents. i tried making conversation with the ang moh family beside me but I think the father was just trying to take care of his kids and wasn't in much mood for conversation. or maybe it was the fact that he had to take care of his 7 year old daughter who was sitting between us, seeing how I am usually so good with the ladies.

OH! and i should probably say this, i was supposed to fly off with fun on monday 16th but i woke up with 39.2degree celsius that morning and was horribly sick after. thankfully the airline waived the charges for postponing the flight because of my terrible plight (and also because I can be so good with the ladies...even when I'm sick ahahaha). ANA is simply amazing. they have such good service - you know how the japanese are one of the politest people in the world, and imagine them serving you for 6 hours at one shot. They really deserve my personal shout out for ANA. service is excellent, always attentive and meticulous to every detail.

i'm sitting in our room that was allocated for us and it is absolutely amazing. the house is not a brick-motar type room, instead, imagine an estate with several rooms. instead of a common rooftop over everyone's head, natural light is incorporated into a room that is seperated *each* by their own sliding doors and glass panels. In the middle of the whole thing is a small pond with about 10 full-grown koi. One of the golf holes is just in front of the balcony, and needless to say the ocean is just right there in front of the verenda.

i'm suffering from intense jet lag at the moment and just wish with all my heart to be asleep . Fun keeps saying thats the worse thing to do since i will probably just drop dead once my head touches the pillow and I'll wake up during the night at about 2 or 3AM knowing that i can't go back to sleep. Frankly right now i'm just too tired to care...


-vincentt-



Fun says:

Ive been here for a couple of days now. The weathers been gloomy so far, with light showers. Yesterday was probably the only beautiful day ive seen here so far. But when the clouds are gone and the rain lets up. Its really beautiful. REALLY.

Vincent just arrived today after having been sick for the past few days and missed taking off with me and my cousin, Sandra (who stopped off at Honolulu to visit her brother, my cousin, who is studying there), leaving me all alone by the roadside of Kona airport waiting for my Aunt to come by. The past few days have been rather uneventful, but by no means boring. A routine day would sound something like,

Waking up at 6am. (I never knew i could do it out of my own accord.) And taking a stroll or a buggy ride on the pathway along the sea and volcanic terrain. Cruising on the buggy with the breeze in your face and listening to the waves slosh on the rocks is just pure relaxtion. Occasionally Ill just park by the buggy aliltte off the path and just sit, staring out at sea, watching the whales blow their spouts and playfully flap their fins down on the ocean's surface and breach the surface somewhat like dolphins, sending white jets of the sea up as they land.

In the afternoons I mostly tagged along with Brent and Alicia ( My Uncles Paul's nephew and his girlfriend.) to town to grab some food and head to the stores. Good fun hanging out with them . =)

Well, now that Vincent is around the days are gonna get wilder for sure. We just had a manic buggy ride around the resort, with us two crazy asian kids yelling at each other and laughing their asses off.

I have taken quite a few pictures since ive arrived and am gonna upload them tonight. So hopefully we can share those with you guys later. Vincent has fallen asleep despite my kind warnings so im gonna go stick my socks up his nose right now.

-Fun-

4 comments:

  1. IAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! MISS YOU HERE FROM SINGAPORE! COME BACK!

    camp still sucks. sorry i didnt hv a chance to say bye on your last day.

    you guys have fun scratching each other's nuts in hawaii.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing but envy. Seriously. Anyway Douche goes pretty well with turd. HAHA.

    Cheers and beers,
    Hanrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me jealous...hahaha...enjoy yourself...

    ReplyDelete